The majority of homeowners do not give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be very useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and IBC Irving Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you will want to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to reach out to refrigerator repair Irving.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to stop rotting and limit harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call IBC Irving Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and helps to release the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out in the air.
A evaporator is attached in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat contained within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning the gas into a liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as it is required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Irving for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and the cooling cycle starts. The unit draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit guides the warm gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquid form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the many coils in the interior of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature down to the best set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single area and then moving it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your home, creates a optimal storage space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? You can schedule service with IBC Irving Appliance Repair.
IBC Irving Appliance Repair can fix nearly all standard brands and models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our technicians in Irving complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart systems and other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2022  IBC Irving Appliance Repair